*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2887880
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 6, 2015 at 4:42pm
Everyone Please Read! About those 48 hour notices
by A Non-Existent User
I know a lot of you see them as some kind of dire warning. That's why I try to make them funny. In the light of some of the emails we have gotten in response to the notices I offer you this as a helpful guide.

1. These are not meant to tell you that your out. It is meant to say hey, take a peak you might have missed logging an assignment or it might not have logged correctly. I know mine from the 5th logged the bonus but not the actual assignment. I had to go put it in again. I only caught it while checking the board for those who had hit the 48 hour mark

2. It is designed to be encouraging for those who actually are behind.

3. In no way shape or form, whether or not you entered the weekly contest, wrote a bad contest entry, is any of that connected to these notices. You will only be taken out of the running for falling behind the 72 hour leeway you are given.

4. We do not want you to fall that far behind so we send out these notices.

What to do if you get one

1. If you think it is in error go check the logs and make sure. If you have posted all of your assignments great! Keep up the good work If you haven't then please do so.

2. If you are behind then you have two choices... Ignore us, don't catch up, and fall out of the running or get caught up. The time is based upon WDC time.

If I remember the way this works correctly. The clock is based upon WDC time. So, it shows me who hasn't posted in 48 hours or more based upon that time. Sunday's do count even though you don't have to post. It's based upon the time of your last posting rather than the assignment, I believe. So, if you post three assignments on the same day, to get ahead and don't tell one of our wonderful leaders then you will hit that 48 hour mark. If there is a need to do assignments early say, you have a huge final or your mother is in the hospital, works sending you on a business trip.. Whatever, it might be, do them early then let us know so we don't knock you out of the running.

Other than that its best to try and post about the same time every day or every couple of days. If you don't, you will be hearing from me. Don't want to hear from me? Stay caught up and check the logs every time you make one to make sure it took.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
"WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group"Invalid Item
"Invalid Item
Check out my Rising Stars Bookiemonster Outasync Grace♥Leo health issues & bumfuzzled
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Everyone Please Read! About those 48 hour notices · 10-06-15 4:42pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Everyone Please Read! About those 48 hour notices · 10-06-15 7:26pm
by Patrece ~

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2887880