*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2884641
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 1, 2015 at 1:50pm
Re: Trilogies
by A Non-Existent User
I'm not sure the premise must stand on its own in book two. The second is only a continuation of the first.

I don't read a lot of trilogies. I am more into the series. Let me follow my favorite characters through most of their lives. However, I do believe a trilogy is basically the same idea as a series. You have a main story line that must carry over through the entirety of the trilogy. You then have side stories that make your characters more human and tie all of them together in some fashion. These side stories don't have to relate to the main story line. The main one is the timeline on which they all live. The rest are their individual stories that can interweave and overlap but don't necessarily have too.

Case studies? J.R. Ward's Brotherhood Series
Patricia Briggs, Mercy Thompson Series
Kim Harrison's The Hollows Series

I was going to use Star Wars as the actual Trilogy but even it isn't a trilogy anymore. Do we even have the three and done series anymore?

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
"WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group"Invalid Item
"Invalid Item
Check out my Rising Stars Bookiemonster Outasync Grace♥Leo health issues & bumfuzzled
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Trilogies · 10-01-15 1:09pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
*Star* Re: Trilogies · 10-01-15 1:50pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Trilogies · 10-01-15 2:18pm
by Eric the Fred
Re: Re: Re: Trilogies · 10-01-15 2:32pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Re: Re: Trilogies · 10-01-15 3:52pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Trilogies · 10-01-15 3:48pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Trilogies · 10-01-15 9:56pm
by Merry Mumsy
Re: Trilogies · 10-01-15 11:12pm
by Professor Q

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2884641