*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2778822
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(676)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 10, 2015 at 11:38am
Re: Re: An invitation to an adventure!
Aisha,

Thanks for the welcome! I hate labels too. I never have really considered myself "disabled". I can thank my parents for that because they never treated me that way. Sure, I was blindsided and overwhelmed by what was going on with my ability to walk because honestly I had never given any thought to things changing from the way that they were. Does anybody ever expect anything to happen to them?

I'm not freaked out or worried. This is just a part of life. Sure, trying to figure out how to work, do therapy, and balance everything else in my life can be a challenge, especially with pain interrupting my sleep pattern, but it's not anything that I can't manage. The challenge is trying to do the therapy schedule that my treatment team wants, 3 hours a day for 5 days a week. It's hard to balance work with that. Work has been losing that battle lately, but I'll figure it out.

As for the adventure, you are already here! The thing that I need most from people are names of people to support while I walk. I think that is harder than doing a crutch-free mile in every state. It's just going to take getting the word out to people about what I am trying to do. Being a counselor, you understand how people facing challenges can feel overwhelmed and become isolated. This is all about showing them that they aren't alone and that no matter what they may face they have the power to accomplish great things. It just takes a little faith and a lot of hard work!

It was nice to meet you. I'm sure I'll see you around.

-Mark
MESSAGE THREAD
An invitation to an adventure! · 01-10-15 8:43am
by Cyberwraith
Re: An invitation to an adventure! · 01-10-15 10:44am
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: Re: An invitation to an adventure! · 01-10-15 11:38am
by Cyberwraith
Re: Re: Re: An invitation to an adventure! · 01-10-15 12:22pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2778822