*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2778401
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(672)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 9, 2015 at 7:56am
Re: Hi everyone
by patteyb
Hello!

Welcome to WdC! You've come to a wonderful place to find the help you need. Fantasy is on of my favorite genres, so if I can help, I will.

I've only been a member here for a few months. It's a confusing place at first, but the best advice I can give you is to jump right in and start posting your own work for review. WdC has many supportive and generous people who will be more than happy to give you an honest and encouraging opinion. If you haven't anything to submit yet, start by reviewing other people's work. You can learn a lot by reviewing other people's work, too!

I'm a big believer in getting your hands dirty. You can plan your world out in detail first if you like, or you can begin by writing the back story to your world and slowly build in detail that way. Sometimes you have to internalize a great deal to get the feel for your world before you write, other times you will launch right into a story and figure out that stuff later. At any rate, I would suggest you just start writing and let the fantasy fly out of you!

Happy writing and I hope I bump into on the site somewhere!

Pattey
MESSAGE THREAD
· 12-31-69 7:00pm
by A Guest Visitor
Re: Hi everyone · 01-08-15 11:25pm
by Nikola~Happy 4th!
Re: Hi everyone · 01-09-15 6:15am
by Cub-bee
*Star* Re: Hi everyone · 01-09-15 7:56am
by patteyb
Re: Hi everyone · 01-09-15 3:51pm
by 1UppyEar
Re: Hi everyone · 01-09-15 6:07pm
by Bleary-eyed Lad
Re: Re: Hi everyone · 01-09-15 6:51pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2778401