*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2753518
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 27, 2014 at 6:44am
Query letter
by MontyB
Ok, this thing is a hot mess over here! Can I be a nosey Nancy and ask to see what others have done for their query letters? I can show you mine, although I don't even have a good title yet (any title suggestions would be greatly appreciated).

Here is what I have so far for mine:

When Lilia and her lover Malik broke the faerie law and created a child that was half human, half faerie, Lilia did the only thing she could to save Malik and the baby, she vanished. Now itā€™s thirteen years later and Lilia and her daughter, Katrina, have been drawn back to the house of Liliaā€™s childhood to care for her ailing mother. When she discovers that Katrina has ventured to the faerie forest, how will she continue to keep those she loves safe?

In the Seelie Court, where Malik has just been made ruler, magic is dying meaning death to all the fae. Malik and his future wife, Ambrosia, have been tasked with the duty of saving the race. The Elders are staunch in their admonitions that there be no half breed children, but Malik believes that the little girl who comes to him in the forest is the key to saving all of them. Can he make them all listen? And what will he do when Lilia reenters his life?

TITLE OF BOOK HERE tells the story of one familyā€™s journey to heal, both themselves and the world around them.

BIO HERE (have no idea what to say for this...BA in English Education - boring!, no published works, this is my first novel)

Thank you for your consideration. (I have no idea how long this story is nor the title) Manuscript available at your request.

Brandy

**Should I add my market definition in here? Is that pretentious?
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Query letter · 10-27-14 6:44am
by MontyB
Re: Query letter · 10-27-14 1:25pm
by Storm Machine

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2753518