*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2753227
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 26, 2014 at 12:30pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: What do you do when your Antagonist becom...
I see most people are telling you to change it.,and one said not to change it, but to go with it. I immediately saw plot twist. How many who done its and action adventures have we seen where the good guy is really the bad guy? Or instead of tweaking it out, run with it and see where your muse takes you. It could be a plot twist that is designed to keep reader interest and make your story even more real. Plus show that even the best of people all have flaws.

Being a newbie writer some times has advantages. Since when I wrote my first two books I didn't have a clue about all of this at the time and I just let it flow out of me. What came out surprised me. It kept the action going and I had a main plot with four plot twists. I still have a hard time believing i wrote that. It still needs the help of a good editor but I'm getting there. My point is everyone's first reaction when creativity starts in, is oops I'm going in the wrong direction. How do you really know it is wrong? Just because all the back ground things you wrote. To me I just change the background and other notes to match. After I find out where this taking me.

How I learned this was, my muse took my hero out of the picture by making him mad and he stomped off into his room to sulk. Then it did all the interaction between my cast and crew the results tied up three subplots brought some of the foreshadowing into play and changed the whole dynamics of the story. But it worked out so well I used it to coax him back into being who he was. Being a newbie I didn't know not to trust my muse and in the process I always let it show me why it is doing what it did even if it makes my hero the bad guy. So what if it don't match my current plot? Nothing a plot edit can't fix.

Why are we always so quick to not trust our muse? Who is teaching us to mistrust our muse when it goes off on something different? Isn't different what we writers are all about? No wonder we get writers block lol.

This is just my opinion I may not be the best but even I can see that stifling creativity isn't good for us. When I went off on my tangent my creativity said hey what if this aspect made a better book lets find out. If nothing else look at what I just learned about my characters and the story interactions. I t worked out so well I didn't have to edit anything. After that I trust my muse more then someone telling me not to trust it.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
The Run-on King PDG Member
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
What do you do when your Antagonist becomes the · 10-25-14 2:40pm
by Ronis brain tumor is gone!
Re: What do you do when your Antagonist becomes the · 10-25-14 2:45pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: What do you do when your Antagonist becomes the · 10-25-14 2:51pm
Re: Re: Re: What do you do when your Antagonist becomes the · 10-25-14 11:38pm
by Rhonda
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: What do you do when your Antagonist becom... · 10-26-14 12:30pm
by The Run-on King PDG Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What do you do when your Antagonist b... · 10-26-14 1:46pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What do you do when your Antagoni... · 10-26-14 1:52pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What do you do when your Anta... · 10-26-14 1:57pm

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2753227