*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2747993
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 14, 2014 at 12:20pm
Re: Re: Can anyone give some input?
by Cheddah
More great information from Quadzilla! This is exactly how I've done it in the past. This will also be the format I follow with my current nano novel. Also do one more thing...and hang with me here...without, and I stress WITHOUT getting hurt or endangered, try to experience some of those sensations for yourself. Hang with me...I'll tell you why.

I had to write a scene where a young boy is kidnapped. He was stuffed into the trunk of a car. I was writing the scene from the boy's point of view. My scene was completely flat until I experienced it for myself. My husband works for a police department and I asked him to shut me into the trunk of our car. He looked at me like I had just become a certified lunatic! But very carefully I crawled into the trunk and he shut it. He was on standby for my shouts and screams. And sure enough I let out some shouts and screams that I think people in the next city could hear! But I rewrote that scene and it ended up having the exact effect I wanted...

Now murder is a different story...but there are some things you can experience...hide in some shadows..."safe" things that will keep you out of harm's way, but still allow you to experience the feeling...

No, I'm not crazy, and I'm not a stalker, and certainly I'm not a serial killer....just trying to help. *Smile*

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Cheddah
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Can anyone give some input? · 10-14-14 5:01am
by Chrys O'Shea
Re: Can anyone give some input? · 10-14-14 5:05am
by Professor Q
Re: Re: Can anyone give some input? · 10-14-14 5:10am
by Chrys O'Shea
*Star* Re: Re: Can anyone give some input? · 10-14-14 12:20pm
by Cheddah
Re: Re: Re: Can anyone give some input? · 10-14-14 1:24pm
by Rhonda
Re: Re: Re: Can anyone give some input? · 10-14-14 1:40pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Re: Re: Can anyone give some input? · 10-14-14 10:01pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Can anyone give some input? · 10-15-14 6:11am
by Odessa Molinari
Re: Re: Can anyone give some input? · 10-15-14 8:03am
by Rhonda
Re: Re: Can anyone give some input? · 10-15-14 1:56pm
by šŸ’™ Carly

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2747993