*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2746782
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 11, 2014 at 3:42pm
Re: Re: Character Question
by A Non-Existent User
They actually have a physiological term for this kind of person. Borderline Personality Disorder. They aren't trying to manipulate through their indecision, but they do.

These people are more likely to be in abusive relationships, more likely to be cutters, to attempt to commit suicide. They tend to gravitate toward dominant people. You can find them crawling all over every BDSM board on the net.

A few will understand that it is a coping mechanism they use to feel safe. Most won't. Those that understand what they are doing, don't really have the disorder. They have a coping mechanism that they can use at will. It was a skill I learned changing schools as often as I did. How to hide in plain sight while learning everyone's tells so you know what not to do and what to do to stay out of trouble and manipulate people into liking the "new girl". When all else failed, make the likes and dislikes of the person your with your own and honestly believe it in the moment.

People who really have the disorder have no idea that what they are doing is manipulative. They are just being honest about their own limitations. However, call them on it and don't give them what they need and they will find someone else who will.

I was wobbling on the edge of having the actual disorder when I met Clanbear His way of handling me was to call me on it. Can't make up your mind? Fine I will make your decisions for you. He did that until I had healed enough emotionally, I could see that it wasn't fair to either of us and started doing everything but what he told me to.

I still have control issues. I still need to know someone is in control. If they aren't and I think its important enough not to let it go, then I will step in and take over. I don't care who is in charge as long as they are doing their job. But someone one has to be.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
"WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group"Invalid Item
"Invalid Item
Check out my Rising Stars Bookiemonster Outasync Grace♥Leo health issues & bumfuzzled
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Character Question · 10-10-14 12:03pm
by LostGhost: Seeking & Learning
Re: Character Question · 10-10-14 12:17pm
by Crys-not really here
Re: Re: Character Question · 10-10-14 12:27pm
Re: Re: Re: Character Question · 10-10-14 12:30pm
by Crys-not really here
Re: Re: Re: Character Question · 10-10-14 12:52pm
by ā­Princetteā™„PengthuluWrites
Re: Re: Re: Character Question · 10-10-14 2:03pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Re: Re: Character Question · 10-10-14 5:00pm
by Professor Q
Re: Re: Re: Re: Character Question · 10-11-14 11:56am
by Shanachie
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Character Question · 10-11-14 12:32pm
by Rhonda
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Character Question · 10-13-14 1:21am
Re: Character Question · 10-10-14 12:36pm
by Future Mrs. B
Re: Character Question · 10-11-14 3:07pm
by Cheri Annemos
*Star* Re: Re: Character Question · 10-11-14 3:42pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Character Question · 10-12-14 6:57pm
by Jed Jones - banned novel
Re: Re: Character Question · 10-13-14 1:17am
Re: Re: Re: Character Question · 10-13-14 4:02am
by Elle - on hiatus
Re: Re: Re: Re: Character Question · 10-13-14 4:58am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Character Question · 10-13-14 5:32am
by Jed Jones - banned novel

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2746782