*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2746219
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore. Prep 2024 signups now open!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 10, 2014 at 10:55am
Re: Re: Definitions aren't just for magic!
I'm still struggling with this because my novel is YA set in modern day, but there are a few things that I know I need to research:

1) My protagonist is a fashion designer who loves clothes from the 1970's. I had to Google 70's fashion designers and come up with some names of who she might idolize, and I'll probably end up looking at lots of pictures too.

2) My protag's twin sister is a high school basketball star, and I know nothing about basketball. *Facepalm* But this would be a very realistic thing for her to be, based on where they are from. (I'm modeling it after my hometown.)

3) Possible injuries that could prevent someone from playing basketball and how to get over them. Medical stuff is not my forte.

Still, I can't help but to think that I never do my definitions thoroughly enough to make my novel realistic. *Frown* I'm just not that interested in researching basketball or medical procedures, even though I know I have to because that's who these characters are.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Definitions aren't just for magic! · 10-09-14 9:13am
by Storm Machine
Re: Definitions aren't just for magic! · 10-10-14 9:00am
by Rhonda
*Star* Re: Re: Definitions aren't just for magic! · 10-10-14 10:55am
by Crys-not really here
Re: Re: Re: Definitions aren't just for magic! · 10-10-14 11:36am
by Rhonda
Re: Re: Re: Definitions aren't just for magic! · 10-10-14 1:57pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Re: Re: Re: Definitions aren't just for magic! · 10-10-14 3:08pm
by Crys-not really here

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2746219