*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2745295
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 8, 2014 at 12:25pm
Re: Re: Ugh... Help
by Rhonda

concrete_angel ,

It is a wonderful and frustrating dilemma to have and last night it got worse...Yes, you guessed it I had another great novel plot come to me!

I did NaNo for the first time last year and won with 55, 722 words. I was basically dared two day before NaNo to give it a try. I used the excuse of not having a plot or anything so she provided me with three loglines for totally different stories and I chose the one that spoke to me. I had not prepped, planned or even had a character in mind before day one so I know I can fly by the seat of my pants and succeed. However, I was hopeful that if I prepped this year I would have a somewhat cleaner draft to work from.

I have three exciting ideas that I am truly passionate about and want to write them all right now...I feel like a kid demanding something just because I want it to be so..lol On one hand I can't go wrong with whatever one I choose because I really do love them all. On the other hand I don't want to be writing one and having that nagging feeling that I should be working on something else..lol

So I have decided that over the next week I will alternate stories during prep and see if that helps me decide. I did the brainstorming challenge for all three and I had to stop myself after writing an hour on each one, I could have kept going and going on all three of them. All I can hope for is that my muse takes a break and stops coming up with new ideas and helps me see through one of these ideas *Facepalm* Thanks so much for the reminder that I do not have to prep all of them, that I can decide anytime between now and NaNo and there is nothing wrong with flying by the seat of my pants *Laugh*

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Proud Member of

*Star* My Groups *Star*

MESSAGE THREAD
Ugh... Help · 10-07-14 10:43am
by Rhonda
Re: Ugh... Help · 10-07-14 11:29am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Ugh... Help · 10-07-14 11:42am
by Rhonda
Re: Re: Re: Ugh... Help · 10-07-14 12:45pm
by Beck Firing back up!
Re: Re: Re: Re: Ugh... Help · 10-07-14 2:34pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Ugh... Help · 10-07-14 3:30pm
by Cheddah
Re: Ugh... Help · 10-07-14 10:31pm
by Roseille ā™„
*Star* Re: Re: Ugh... Help · 10-08-14 12:25pm
by Rhonda
Re: Re: Re: Ugh... Help · 10-08-14 9:53pm
by Roseille ā™„
Re: Re: Re: Re: Ugh... Help · 10-08-14 11:05pm
by Rhonda
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ugh... Help · 10-08-14 11:43pm
by Roseille ā™„
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ugh... Help · 10-09-14 12:46am
by Rhonda
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ugh... Help · 10-09-14 1:05am
by Roseille ā™„
Re: Ugh... Help · 10-08-14 4:07am
by Elle - on hiatus

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2745295