*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2743034
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 3, 2014 at 4:35pm
Oct 1st task
Premise/idea:
This is a Romance but cross-genre, I think.
A policewoman, in a team forcing entry into a burglary suspect's house, sees a beloved ex-boyfriend escaping out the downstairs back window. So far, this idea is a mystery to me. Is the boyfriend a burglar, or undercover? Was he a cop, but then got disgraced (seems too clichƩd, so probably dropped out for some other reason)? What was he doing in the house? Is he linked with the burglaries?
The Protagonist would be the policewoman.
Goal - to make a difference, reduce crime, etc - might need to be promoted in order to make a difference.
Conflict would be the conflicting feelings - should policewoman tell what she knows about the ex-boyfriend? If she doesn't, she risks her future career. How strong are her feelings for him? What loyalties does she have towards him?
Antagonist - I don't yet know. Maybe there's a rival who'd like to see this policewoman fail. Maybe she already has family problems or personal problems which will hamper her police work. Maybe the boyfriend knows too much for her to risk letting the rival find him. Maybe the boyfriend is the antagonist.
I'll catch up on all this, and clarify the thinking, during this October Prep.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Oct 1st task · 10-03-14 4:35pm
by Catherine Hall
Re: Oct 1st task · 10-03-14 11:59pm
by Agape Novels
Re: Re: Oct 1st task · 10-04-14 1:34am
by Fancy
Re: Re: Re: Oct 1st task · 10-06-14 5:50pm
by Catherine Hall
Re: Re: Oct 1st task · 10-06-14 5:37pm
by Catherine Hall

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2743034