WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 1, 2014 at 3:45pm
Edited: February 4, 2014 at 2:51am
MOB BUSINESS
MOB RULES

1. You can't make up your own rules.

2. The instructions to an activity must be followed - in order for you to be given full credit for completing the activity.

3. Activities and Challenges that are required to be forum posts must be written directly into the forum post.

4. There is to be no links allowed in forum posts. forum posts that take more than one click to read will be removed.

5. Links that are requested, as a part of an Activity or Challenge will be allowed in your forum posts.

6. Post your blog in the forum as a stand alone post, include all the links you want, title your post - to identify it as a blog entry.

7. It was the intention of the instructions for your "Mob Badge" to be affixed to all of your WDC communications. People have to see it!

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Announcements

February 3, 2014

Good day, Ladies and gentlemen of our mob. I think you're starting to figure out, how this mobbing thing is going to work. We will get down to some mob blogging, and flash mobbing, but we have to take a little time in the beginning to put our mobbing faces on. I will announce a blogging assignment here in the forum, tomorrow. In the meanwhile, please continue to recruit and encourage more participation. I want to see those badges all over the site! You'll also notice that I've added another forum assignment to the activities.

As you can see - our mob is gathering energy!

One of my motivations (in conceiving this mob themed activity) was to bring together the "writing.com community" into one group. I'm not going to get into why I thought this would be a good thing to do, more importantly, I first need to know if it's possible to do. (bring together the "writing.com community" into one group)

So...I did have some expectations in the beginning, and thankfully, one of them was to expect the unexpected.

It's day three of our mob. Things are coming along, we still have some work to do before we can start having fun.
The participation level is low, but it's early, and after-all it's Super Groundhog Bowl Day.
Our recruiting efforts thus far have produced *Right* 0 *Left* new mob members. I will update this number as it increases.

In addition to recruiting - active mob members could give fellow inactive members a 'poke' - check if they're awake.
The mob may (at some point) take on a 'survivor' theme. (just putting that idea out there)

I'm going to update the rules under the "MOB BUSINESS" posting in the forum. This mob will only work if we all follow the rules to a tee.

Please go and read the rules before posting to the forum.

MOB ACTIVITIES

1. - Wear or "make and wear" your mob badge.

2. - Recruit, Recruit, Recruit.

3. - What kind of a mob would you like to be a part of? What would your slogan or chant be? Are there any issues you would like to take a stand on?
Write a short expression that you think best represent the message you want to send as a mob member. Submit it in a forum post and title it - My Mob Message.

4. - Introduce yourself in a forum post.

5. Find the forum post titled, "Question to the Mob" and reply to it.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
MOB BUSINESS · 02-01-14 3:45pm
by Brother Nature
Re: MOB BUSINESS · 02-01-14 7:45pm
by Fivesixer
Re: Re: MOB BUSINESS · 02-03-14 2:20am
by Brother Nature

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Fivesixer.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2629008