*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2180368
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(167)
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Other · #101179
All invited, Speak your mind, got a New Story?, Opinion?, Need help?, Like a story?.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 30, 2010 at 1:49pm
Re: Feeling the fear and freezing up
I know exactly how you feel. When I try to read another author's work I feel like 'gee, I'm really not that good'. Here are the things that keep me going. One is that nobody can write your story but you. There may be better writer's out there and theirs bound to be, but not a single one of them can write what you write. Secondly, when I write ( as I am working on my first novel at this time) I allow myself to write badly and just do it. Who cares if its one long sentence because that jumbled mess of sentences is all mine, and later when I go back to edit I can make that mess into something beautiful. The one main thing I try to do when I write, specially my current novel, is to just write. Just go with it and get the whole story out and down. Once that is done you have everything you need and can take your time and fine tune the details and such. I hope I have helped in someway. I have faith in you! Only the strong willed will put the ink to paper and create a mess, and only an author will take the risk to make their mess a masterpiece. Happy writing
-Dani

I want something good to die for, to make it Beautiful to live...Queens Of The Stone Age

mrsvoelkel
MESSAGE THREAD
Feeling the fear and freezing up · 12-30-10 1:37pm
by Jordan Richelle
*Star* Re: Feeling the fear and freezing up · 12-30-10 1:49pm
by mrsvoelkel
Re: Re: Feeling the fear and freezing up · 12-30-10 2:13pm
by Jordan Richelle
Re: Re: Re: Feeling the fear and freezing up · 12-30-10 2:40pm
by mrsvoelkel
Re: Re: Re: Re: Feeling the fear and freezing up · 01-12-11 7:00pm
by phoenix

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The Milkman.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2180368