*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2166527
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 24, 2010 at 3:04pm
Concerns about the star rating system:
Good evening WDC:] I'd like to bring a certain issue to your attention in regards to the rating system!

Say one were to rate ones item by four stars on the basis of certain errors, or worse, on the basis of a lack of understanding where this problem had never arose with any others, and your rated piece had previously been rated 5 stars, despite how many 5 star ratings it has, one poorly given rating can lower its value immediately, I think this is highly unfortunate and even unfair to the members of WDC. Another problem concerning this matter is that once dropped to 4.5 stars it requires MORE THAN one rating to get it back up again. I believe that as a result of these two issues, there are many pieces of writing out there that are being portrayed with a much lower value than they deserve. I think one suggestion would be to grant the ability to readjust a given star rating after it's been given so that once the meaning of a poem is explained or when errors are mended, that the reviewer can return and replace the older rating with the newer, adequate rating. I would hope that you would address this pressing issue as quickly as possible for I believe that this problem needs to be resolved for the sake of accurate rating within the site.

Yours sincerely,
John.

SUGARSUPERNOVA
Keep on writin'!!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Concerns about the star rating system: · 11-24-10 3:04pm
by sugarsupernova
Re: Concerns about the star rating system: · 11-24-10 3:30pm
by The StoryMaster
Re: Re: Concerns about the star rating system: · 11-30-10 9:31pm
by edgework
Re: Re: Re: Concerns about the star rating system: · 12-05-10 1:20am
by The StoryMaster

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2166527