*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1869650
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(672)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 2, 2009 at 11:55am
Re: Hello everyone. Need help please reply
Hello and welcome to WDC! I haven't written a book, nor have I ever been published, so please keep that in mind. However, from reading various articles and other books, I'd recommend writing the book first. I'd also recommend writing it from start to finish without stopping to edit any part of it. If you start to edit it, you will most likely stalemate yourself. You will stop yourself at that one point and you'll be unable to move forward. I've seen that happen to so many people here on WDC that I know it's not just me. I did that to myself on my own book.

At that point, you're going to want to edit it as much as possible on your own, giving yourself time between each edit to give yourself a fresh viewpoint before diving in again. Then, when that stage is done, you can either try to submit the manuscript on your own to the publishing companies or go find yourself an agent.

Keep in mind that you can't do that without a manuscript in hand. They don't want to wait another year while you get your book finished. There are too many writers out there wanting that publishing spot.

With that, you have my advice. Take it for what it's worth and good luck!

Take care!
Erin

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Member of the WDC Angel Army, Images in Ink, Helping Hearts and the Military Support Group.

Open for bids! Awesome packages!
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1527161 by Not Available.

FORUM
Kiya's St. Patty's Day Giveaway!  (ASR)
Come join the celebration and win some shiny coins while you do!
#1529111 by iKïyå§ama

My c-note shops to benefit the Military Support Group:
 Invalid Item 
#1523501 by Not Available.
 Invalid Item 
#1527942 by Not Available.

MESSAGE THREAD
Hello everyone. Need help please reply · 03-02-09 11:28am
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: Hello everyone. Need help please reply · 03-02-09 11:55am
by Erin J. Roberts

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1869650