*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1801403
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #980111
A sanctuary for weary writers, inky wretches, and aspiring professional novelists.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 13, 2008 at 2:29pm
Edited: October 13, 2008 at 2:31pm
Hi Everyone
Hi Everyone,

It has been a couple years since I've walked these halls...

My writing habits have become very lax compared to the late '90s.

These days I write out a scene and then find myself a solid blank...no energy to push through with the young idea and explore passed the window I've managed to open. I save these scenes in a notebook, but rarely go back and explore. Again a lack of energy and discipline seem to be the root to this deficiency.

I have recently resurrected two scenes into full fledged stories this year...so progress hasn't completely stopped up.

Today I found myself reading through the last few strings of comments posted in July and August. I want to thank 'Ed' for posting his idea/daily exercise regarding how he methodically surfs through magazines for ideas that will germinate and be useful later.

Part of my lack of production may stem from the fact that I don''t exercise my creativity enough. As Louise said, the more I write the more ideas are germinated...or something to that effect. Now all I have to do is practice a bit of BIC (butt in chair) and practice with the new tools I've picked up in this forum.

Thank-you for your ideas and candid conversationing.

Take care and may your road lead to only good places.

Deb

Compassion and the effort to try and understand some thing that was not understood before is a step toward acceptance not only of others but most importantly of yourself.

Half Borgevna and half Morivini and destined to save her world.

Gift from Jilley's Petey

~~Image #6000 Sharing Restricted~~
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Hi Everyone · 10-13-08 2:29pm
by DyrHearte writes
Re: Hi Everyone · 11-29-08 2:10pm
by Lori Basiewicz

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Liam Jackson.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1801403