*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1386064
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #980111
A sanctuary for weary writers, inky wretches, and aspiring professional novelists.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 14, 2006 at 9:44pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: writers block
Sorry to butt in, but I'm new here and this is the first board I've come to. I just wanted to say that I found what Liam said about the horrors of editing to be very inspiring. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person who's haunted by editing. I have a hard time getting more than a few pages in a full evening because I spend so much of my time going back and changing things. But on the other hand, I have a hard time just spewing it all onto the page and then going back weeks or months later to edit it because by then I'm getting new ideas and I actually end up rewriting the whole thing! I cant stop myself!

On the subject of writer's block, however, there is something that's always worked for me, though it's a hard circumstance to come by. If, perhaps, you have a friend who also enjoys writing, I find that I'm more inspired when I'm around them, or simply talking to them online as I write. That way we're both writing and can constantly swap material. You can get instant advice and criticism page by page, paragraph by paragraph, or you could even send it to them line by line if they're a really patient friend! Or perhaps, if you're lucky enough to live around friends who share your interest, hunker down in a room together and write. I find having some one available to bounce ideas off of as they come to be to be very helpful.

*end of rambling*

P.S. I edited this entry! I cant stop!
MESSAGE THREAD
writers block · 10-12-06 6:58pm
by utopianjewel
Re: writers block · 10-12-06 7:51pm
by Lori Basiewicz
Re: Re: writers block · 10-12-06 7:56pm
by utopianjewel
Re: Re: Re: writers block · 10-12-06 8:02pm
by Lori Basiewicz
Re: Re: Re: Re: writers block · 10-13-06 11:44am
by Liam Jackson
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: writers block · 10-13-06 1:11pm
by Lori Basiewicz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: writers block · 10-13-06 9:44pm
by storyteller [retired]
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: writers block · 10-14-06 9:27am
by Liam Jackson
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: writers block · 10-14-06 9:44pm
by Bernidette
Re: Re: Re: Re: writers block · 10-16-06 3:26pm
by askpaddy
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: writers block · 10-17-06 11:19am
by Noble has the writing bug
Re: writers block · 10-14-06 8:28am
by misterkel
Re: Re: writers block · 10-14-06 9:29am
by Liam Jackson
Re: writers block · 10-14-06 6:36pm
by Chelsea & Agnes are way busy
Re: writers block · 10-18-06 1:34pm
by Tileira

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Liam Jackson.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1386064