*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/2774712
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1190255
NOT OPENING IN DEC 2016 --- TEFF on WDC since 2004, 139 community recognitons, EVERYONE!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 29, 2014 at 9:42am
Edited: December 29, 2014 at 9:58am
2014 Deadline, Plus Judging Info
Hi and a belated Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays to EVERYONE

Everyone visiting & considering submitting a story or poem and to all onsite & offsite best wishes for a Happy New Year.

Now, a question arises re: deadline and when will winners be announced.

This year --- 2014s Christmas genre contest closes Feb 22, 2015. Yes, the intro fluctuated like a spate of snow flurries.

Now stabilized here's the skinny on such things as future 'winners announced.'

So far entries are not complete so all promises are pending.

As in all the other SEVEN Annual Contests, winners will be announced eventually. BY March 17.

Here's a repeat of this info.

I considered and am ending the contest Feb 14/ 2015.

Winners should be decided upon by St Pat --- Mar 17th.

It is like this every year. Because from the entered stories of Christmas (here) this is one way to warm Christmassy winter theme's extension at my house ala my PC and online/ onsite connections.

The late date for entry deadline also provides those in the midst of winter or into a Christmas mood (plotting) to still compile a story or poem. In the past I took eight weeks to achieve only half of a complted tradtional short story. So, sure still seeking the best of the best via this contest. Tis not a slap dab, send by the end of the weeker.

Many writers often think of stories they compile as to having a possible future in a published world. In real world --- not WDC realm --- Serious Writers who submit seasonal stories often wait longer than six months before accepted stories come to print.

All stories here enter into ---
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1521424 by Not Available.

Up on the rooftops there may arise qualms of not wanting to wait four months for winners.

Oh?

You'll see other contests differ. Why not?

Fiction has no set rule thass why tis fictitious.

So a fiction contest can be the baby of the creator (moi).

And for seven fun years, as we enter year EIGHT in our Anthology collection: "Invalid Item contestants are kinda like going for the gold in patience as they surrender to the basic Rules of Engagement.

Another tie morphs to practice for both serious and casual writers for:

1. Writing fiction or poems
2. Submitting stories or poems
3. Awaiting outcomes.
4. All of the above while seeing titles here and in The Archive. Site & online promo rendered. A pure gift of time and reviews & GP. Which I*Heart*

Thus the sum of all parts RE: a behind-the-scene goal (Behavioral Objectives) of this

WOE! Listen up now, how does that sound when you read:
EIGHTH ANNUAL "Invalid Item

Recently a critique came my way that this contest's pep talks were overwordy. That reading a few lines of author-to-author speak from moi would dissuade that person from entering a writing contest.

I said So what.

On the personal side, the contest overall puts me in the mood to enter contests and each Jan. I do a search (generally) for paying contests.
However, I now have a publishers seeking book, purchased in 2014. Quite expensive BTW.

Then as in # 3 -- writers should always know there's the patience of thousands out there. Eh well, not much of a prep talk more an explanation. So: May the Infant Lord Jesus, bless us each & EVERYONE!

Signed, Miss TEFFY

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Plus, I try to advice and do things also @

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Point being?

Relax, write a story and send it to ME!

Singed Miss TEFFY
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
2014 Deadline, Plus Judging Info · 12-29-14 9:42am
by April Sunday

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, April Sunday.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/2774712