*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/1094343
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #974961
Any questions, messages, comments, or items to plug? Dial k-n-e-t-o.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 3, 2005 at 12:22pm
What a loser!!!
 (This message was edited by volvox on 07-11-05 @ 10:45 am EDT)

I do not know what has gotten into the mind of this particular hate-rater, but I'm sure you would agree with me that his feedback doesn't give justice to the rating he has given... Imagine 1.5 stars coupled with a feedback with the opening words: "I found this story to hold a very powerful message and meaning."

My article has recently been picked by the editor of the short stories newsletter as a example of a good introduction for a short story... I am not bragging, but the fact that it was handpicked, makes me think it's not such a bad article after all -- undeserving of a single star and a half.

This is my message for you, hate-rater:

I'd say, if you haven't got anything to do with your life, then might as well back off!!!

I admit that my story is not that majestic or grand enough to be categorized with other pieces, but this simple piece just started off as an entry for the writer's cramp... that means I was limited with the word count of 2000 (I exceeded it obviously)... and because I have started it off just like that, it's really not that easy to really OVERHAUL the article as to what you are trying to imply in your feedback... and for your information, it is currently considered as a potential article for an e-zine... then, that might be a good reason for me not to believe your very, very low rotten score.

C'mon guys, see for yourself if this is a decent feedback or something.

"Kurt and His Shoebox 13+: A young boy changes the life of an old, miserly man. He did it with the help of a shoebox.

Review By: wordplay
Review Time: 06-30-05 @ 2:46pm
Review's Rating: 1.5
Review Length: 729 Characters
Review Follows: [Delete Review]

Dear Spiral kinetochore,

I found this story to hold a very powerful message and meaning. However it is dire need of editing and revision. There is no flow to the story, making it hard for the reader to focus. Also; the part about his aunt didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the story and I found it quite unsettling. If there is a reason for the aunt's actions that relate to the story they should be made clear to the reader. I think you've tapped into some really powerful and meaningfull wisdom here and you have a great story waiting to unfold. Just tighten up the screws (characters) and smooth out the wrinkles (plot flow) and you'll have a masterpiece.
All the best;

-Wordplay

Visit my domain, and unleash the meerkat in you.
http://lourland.blogspot.com

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only ** ** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only ** ** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

a proud member of

i dare you to try
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
What a loser!!! · 07-03-05 12:22pm
by spiral kinetochore
Re: What a loser!!! · 07-07-05 12:53pm
by Florence C.
Re: Re: What a loser!!! · 07-07-05 9:14pm
by spiral kinetochore
Re: Re: Re: What a loser!!! · 07-07-05 10:49pm
by Florence C.
Re: Re: Re: Re: What a loser!!! · 07-08-05 10:18am
by spiral kinetochore
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What a loser!!! · 07-08-05 3:37pm
by Gaijin de Moscu
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What a loser!!! · 07-08-05 8:27pm
by spiral kinetochore
Re: What a loser!!! · 07-10-05 12:08pm
by Mavis Moog
Re: Re: What a loser!!! · 07-10-05 12:56pm
by Spheric
Re: Re: What a loser!!! · 07-11-05 11:05am
by spiral kinetochore
Re: Re: Re: What a loser!!! · 07-11-05 11:34am
by Spheric
Re: Re: Re: Re: What a loser!!! · 07-11-05 11:59am
by spiral kinetochore

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, spiral kinetochore.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/1094343