*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999766-Our-Compass
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#999766 added December 6, 2020 at 7:33pm
Restrictions: None
Our Compass
Dec 6. Marooned Without a Compass Day!
So where are you and what are you going to do?

Look for the sun. It rises in the east and sets in the west. So if you can find it, then you’ll know where you are headed. Follow that river, it usually leads to a town, since most towns settled by water. And by a river, especially in the west, trees often grow. If you are high, go lower. And if you are low, go higher.

Then as I thought of a compass, there is no moral compass these days. The sky is the limit. But there are rules, folks. There always have been rules. Ever since creation there have been rules.

And what about those in the world now with no moral compass? *Compass* Seems like a lot of people think they can do whatever they want, no worries about consequences. Which once again takes us back to rules. Rules are here for our protection. Without them, the world would spin off into chaos. The planets have orbits, they spin in those orbits. Rules. We have gravity to keep us on our planet. Rules. We have traffic laws to keep us in our lane. Rules. We aren’t allowed to murder each other. Rules.

You shouldn’t be allowed to do whatever you want. There are reasons for not murdering someone just because the person is a different color or looks at you weird or cuts you off in traffic. There are reasons you shouldn’t drive on the wrong side of the road or pass on a curve or on a hill.

Where would we be as a society if everyone disobeyed the rules? Chaos and confusion. But soon there would be someone to calm the mob, take charge, tell us to buck up and work together and defeat the enemy among us. Whoops, sounds a little like some of the evil rulers we’ve seen in the recent past.

Right now we have an evil ruler among us. But this ruler is not someone we can see. It is a vile little biological ruler. One that can take down a human without blinking an eye. It doesn’t care what color you are, where you live, how much money you have, or how old you are. It does not play by the rules we all hold dear. It is threatening to topple countries and pit neighbor against neighbor.

So until we have the magic bullet to send this dictator away, we need to follow the rules.

Well, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.



© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999766-Our-Compass