*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997685-Elections-Politics-and-Soldiers
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#997685 added November 9, 2020 at 11:03pm
Restrictions: None
Elections, Politics and Soldiers.
For
GROUP
Blogging Circle of Friends   (E)
A group for WDC bloggers.
#1901868 by Lyn's a Witchy Woman


1. Do you think now that the door was opened to more options for voting, this will be the new norm? Or do you think seeing it unfold, this will deter the process from happening like this again with the next Presidential elections?

Yes. Mail-in-voting went well in the states that were prepared for it. Also, record number of votes bodes well for democracy. The US rates poorly in participation. Much better this year. Of course, I speak from Montana where mail-in is just a part of our way of doing things. Easy-peasy for us. Will it be done again? NOT LIKE THIS MESS! Or at least I can hope. I could mention other reforms but that's previous and future blogs.

2. If you live outside the states how much is your media covering the process? How different is your process from the US?

Unlike Americans most educated people around the world know their political-geography. They know where the USA is and pay attention. It's obvious in their media coverage as well. Trump has been so outrageous for 4 years that even Americans have payed attention! The rest of the world laughs, cheers, cries or pities us. Many have the same populist and alt-right issues. They cannot afford to ignore the pink elephant in the room.

Costa Rica had 9 parties running last election. Two cousins with the same last name came in #1 and #2. One was right-evangelical, the other center-left-secular. In the run-off the #2 won. Many countries also do it this way. Others have parliamental systems that are not two-party and coalitions are the norm. Belgium went two years without a government; the bureaucracy kept it going. Taiwan has 6 seats reserved for indigenous people. Switzerland does a lot by referendum. There are many ways to govern.


Later:

Prompt for
 
FORUM
Space Blog  (ASR)
Cruising WDC cyberspace and raiding ports for blog prompts!
#2223838 by Sharmelle's Expressions


"A Letter to Soldier Boy"   [E] by G. B. Williams

Mini-review:

With everything that is happening, let's write about soldiers today.
3,158

© Copyright 2020 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997685-Elections-Politics-and-Soldiers