*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994164-Literal-Lobotomy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1300042
All that remains: here in my afterlife as a 'mainstream' blogger, with what little I know.
#994164 added September 25, 2020 at 9:03am
Restrictions: None
Literal Lobotomy
you know, history can teach us about the true origins and purpose of poetry...

It can be applied here for the same purposes, as it should be applied anywhere free speech rights are ignored. Anywhere people are downtrodden for standing up to would be rulers and oppressors. Though, they might employ some sort of highly disciplined playbook to characterize these types that challenge the narrative of those holding court. No matter. Speak your truths amid the debunkers, the disbelievers. Perhaps, there was one amongst us who wore a thorny crown, perhaps another emblazoned with a scarlet letter upon the breast?

You've all been rejected by someone or something. Perhaps, it aroused an anti-authoritarian sentiment that you just couldn't quell. Maybe, it was that kid or kids that held you down on the ground while you were fed dirt. They made you eat it. You lost your innocence of what was good. You realized as you walked through life anyone could be an agent of evil, could do no good. Perhaps, you secluded yourself and trusted very few...and then the betrayals. Yes?

Look in the mirror and realize the safe haven you are in looks a bit different in the glass. Almost satanic? Welcome! You've arrived. So, pleased to see you here.

What are you going to make in finger painting class today? No, no. Teacher says we don't rub that on our faces? Nurse! Nurse! He needs another sedative. I think he's coming out of it. He's talking about typing some kind of a manifesto...in quatrains? What'a a manifesto? No, I didn't ask for medicine. I'm...zzzzz

9.25.06?

No one gets out without a little literary lobotomy.

I'll edit later...look I used WritingML to make the text richer...ahhhhh

He's escaping!
Don't worry. I wouldn't do that to you. *Smirk*

Okay, everybody. Nothing to see here. Just another psycho.
But you want to watch, don't you?

© Copyright 2020 Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994164-Literal-Lobotomy