*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992232-Writing-forms
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#992232 added September 3, 2020 at 7:51am
Restrictions: None
Writing forms
Describe a time when your work was criticized. How did you react?

signature dancing owl *Cookie*


In college my writing was criticized or critiqued regularly. I finished college.

I spent time writing during an internship. Writing articles for a specific subject, publishing different articles on a specific subject 4 times a year, is grueling. Keeping the information on point, but fresh with each article in each publication can be tricky.

All my articles were criticized then changed, criticized then changed, criticized then changed....on a constant basis. The interesting part is the things, the editor kept, were usually part of some honest observation, I had about the subject, which I was writing about. Or other peoples observations about the subject. The things I had to change were writing forms, that met the editors subject guidelines for the publican.

During my internship I spent hours reading about the subject, Reading the comments on their website about the subject, interviewing people involved with the subject. I also had to hunt for places where I could write articles, about the subject and publish about the subject off site.

Think of it this way. If you were writing about one particular breed of dog? You are going to publish 6 articles about that breed of dog, in a magazine, 4 times a year. That is 24 articles about the same breed of dog each year. How do you keep your readers entertained and the material relevant year after year. You need to maintain a reader base in order to finance your magazine.

I found some interesting things about criticism on line. In some situations you need to evaluate the criticism. Is it criticism , harassment, or exploitation? Is the criticism accurately describing a way to advance the persons work? Is it done by a group directed at one person for the sake of exploitation or on a one to one teaching example where questions and answers can be addressed? Effective criticism should be able to quote a comparison example.

Yes. I have been unfairly criticized. Yes. I fight back. Someone told me it is alright to defend yourself, when you are attacked.

Merit Badge in Cheerleading
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on finishing your  [Link To Item #monthlyreading]  goals for June 2018 *^*Bookopen*^*!

~Minja


© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992232-Writing-forms