*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991748-Belize
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#991748 added August 28, 2020 at 11:28am
Restrictions: None
Belize
30 day We're going to end our trip with some interesting experiences, hope you're ready. We've combined some of Belize's most adventurous activities in one tour.
See the rain forest from several different perspectives
Go underground during cave tubing and above the trees during ziplining
Stress-free hotel pickup and drop-off and a Belizean BBQ lunch included
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g291968-d14121238-Cave_Tubin...
in the afternoon, we're going to the most famous dive sight in Belize, it was discovered by Jacques Cousteau.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g14035153-d296241-Reviews-Great_Bl...
Don't think about napping yet. Cos we're doing a beach crawl.
Ahoy! Me hearties, we be the #SanPedroBelize drinking session that moves from one licensed grog slinging premises to the next & so on.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g291962-d19932877-Reviews-BlackSai...
Talk up the things that you enjoyed on today's excursions.

owl for signature use *PirateShip*


Belize


Zip-lining from Mayflower Bocavina National Park is so amazing. I definitely want to go to Belize in real life. There are 14 different platforms. You can see the mountainous jungles once traveled by Mayans. There are 500 species of birds in the Jungle canopy, plus butterflies, monkeys, jaguar, mammals, ancient plant life, waterfalls; absolutely takes your breath away. I think we landed back in Narnia. Surely, we will spot Aslan before we leave.

The beginning of this video is a short part about the cruise ship and of course advertisement. Then comes some really good footage of the cave tubing.



Nohoch Chen Archaeologist Park is called the cave branch of the National Parks. Half of Belize is covered by dense jungle. Eighty percent of the rain forest in protected by the national government. They take conservation of jungles and wildlife seriously, with educational programs in place for the public. All animals in the Belize zoo are native to the country.

Everyone gathered around while they handed out equipment. Blue Moon did you remember your water shoes. We get a headlight to wear and an innnertube. WakeUpAndLive jumped in the river with some of the others. The water was really cold.

We are walking along Jaguar Paw Trail down to the river. It's a bit of a walk to get to the river. The guide is telling us lots of tidbits about the health benefits of the jungle plants that are on both sides of the trail. I really liked his story about "Do You Love Your Guide?" The guide has lot of other stories about the Mayan use of the cave. The rafts are fastened together before we leave. It is such an awesome journey down the river. There really are bats in crevasse in the ceiling. At one point the guide points out a natural formation in the cave that local people believe looks like Mary and the child Jesus.

As for the blue hole--it scares me just to fly over it in a helicopter. My natural curiosity wants to know more about it. I think I've read to many armmagedon type fiction books. This is definitely one of those unusual places on our blue planet.

So pub hopping can only be a good way to experience lots of types of Belize food. I'm not sure how welcome a person will be if they don't drink alcoholic beverages, but I always think pub food is the best in any town. Someone said 5 beers is only twenty dollars. We are experiencing social knowledge from the home town people. Try the tacos. They are full of different types of veggies. Different and very good.

Merit Badge in Travel
[Click For More Info]

Thanks for being such a marvelous travelling companion.


© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991748-Belize