*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991546-Universe-and-Challenges-and-a-RANT
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#991546 added August 25, 2020 at 2:47pm
Restrictions: None
Universe and Challenges and a RANT
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: Douglas Adams says, in his book, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, “The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Considering everything that has happened and keeps happening, do you think, as a joke or a fact, the creation of the Universe was a bad move?


---

Joke or no joke, first, I wouldn’t mess with why the creation happened. I am too much of a coward for that. I don’t take well to being punished.

Second, I don’t believe any brain ever created on earth is up to the task of knowing or understanding why the universe was created, let alone my poor little gray matter.

After my first and second reasons above, who am I to judge if the creation of the Universe was a bad move? Who am I to pass judgment on an intelligence that is much, much greater than all the brains on earth put together?

Enough said.


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

"Most often conditions [ of ] life push us to do things we think we cannot do; challenges are here."---

What do you think? Can we overcome the challenges facing us? How?


---

Since the item was invalid, I am answering the quote from it.


This quote might refer to the idea of the “great schoolroom earth” and the truth about how we create our reality through the process of trials, errors, failings, and successes. Yes, I think we may overcome the challenges facing us, at least, most of the time.

According to Einstein’s E=MC2 and the teachings of religions and spiritual groups, we are mostly or totally made up of energy. We, however, do not know it or believe it or we forget about it because it is easier to disregard difficult concepts since we have such small brains.

That is where the life’s challenges come in. They push us to face our strengths and possibilities and that we can overcome that hurdle and pass the test. Even when we are in the brink of giving up, conditions can attack us, forcing us into action. When we are so pushed, if we have any guts, we take on the challenge and find out we overcome it with some or partial success. Thus we find out about our strengths and that challenges will always be here to be met head-on.


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


Addendum: RANT

I try not to complain much or just about anything, but I am getting fed up with our blackness or whiteness.

Just about half an hour ago, I received in the mail Sept/Oct 2020 issue of Poets and Writers.

Writing arts should be the one place that should be color-blind. But no. It obviously isn’t.

On page 57, is an article titled I’m Writing to You. It has letters from writers of the black literary community. The first letter starts with Dear Fellow Black Writers. Then, in one of the letters toward the end there is a different one To Writers Struggling with Their Whiteness.

Imagine if we came up with a White Literary Community and wrote something like To Writers Struggling with Their Blackness. There would be blood on the streets.

Now, I have dear writer-friends who can be black or white. The color of their skin matters nothing to me. It matters that they are writing. God knows most of us, starting with me, carry inside us both a black gene and a white gene, if not some others as well. After all who among us can trace their origins for thousands or millions of years?

Can’t we just accept one another without racism either way? Why do we bring it in the holiest of holy arts, our writing?








© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991546-Universe-and-Challenges-and-a-RANT