*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989034-With-A-Travel-Agent-I-Could-Switch
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#989034 added July 24, 2020 at 12:48pm
Restrictions: None
With A "Travel Agent" I Could Switch

PROMPT July 24th

If you could switch places with one other person, who would it be and why? What in particular would you do?
         
         
         
         
         
         
A switcheroo? Trade my body/existence for another? Ah, if only... Well, I definitely do not wish to trade places with a celebrity. No thank you. I value my privacy and I don't feel the need to confront paparazzi, or look over my shoulder constantly. What I do, who I do it with and when I do it is my business and no one else's.
         If I believed I could really make a difference, I might consider tagging in as a politician. Imagine pushing through new legislation? It's a thankless position though and it moves at a snail's pace. Would I like glad-handing and photo ops? Nope.
         Perhaps I could trade places with my hubby, the long-distance trucker. Sure, I've accompanied him for some of his cross-country jaunts, but I sat in the passenger seat being jostled. I have no concept of steering that big rig with a heavy load down the road. Yes, I'm a driver, but what I keep between the lines does not compare. Could I maintain that constant vigilance? Could I deal with idiot, inconsiderate drivers? Could I manage the delays, the frustrations, the obstacles, the loneliness? Could I 'live' in a semi for days or weeks? Could I survive on one restaurant meal after another? Could I cope with being at a physical distance and helpless to aid in a family emergency? His only method of contact is a cell phone and daily conversations. He lives that phone company ad "reach out and touch someone."
         What in particular would I do? I'd permit him to stay home while I delivered freight somewhere. I'd be a long distance trucker even if only for one trip. His semi is a new one and it's an automatic. It's well within the bounds of possibility that I commandeer his truck and propel it along a highway. Yes, the concept is feasible. Now, had it still been a standard...
          I am acquainted with a few CB words and trucker slang. Perhaps I could fake it until I make it. I am aware that a "chicken coop" cannot be avoided and it's open for business if the light is flashing. "Gators" on the highway are to be avoided. Strange, I know, but we do have them in Canada, too. He no longer hauls a "skateboard", so there'd be less climbing. The "travel agent" would direct my route. I've been taught to respect the "bears." Yep, becoming a replacement trucker is a doable switcheroo. I could even manage with a "black eye."

© Copyright 2020 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989034-With-A-Travel-Agent-I-Could-Switch