*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/988807-Fifteen
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#988807 added July 21, 2020 at 7:37pm
Restrictions: None
Fifteen
July 21st Prompt: Write a letter to your fifteen-year old self.
         
         
         
         Dear Can't Wait To Be Older, So, you're finally fifteen. You thought this day would never arrive. You are so over being a kid. Just think, in a year you'll be driving. Trust me, you're gonna love it. Dad gets you your own car. Wow, eh? Now, it's nothing fancy, but it's a cool car. By the time we reach my current age that car is considered a collector car. Sorry, you won't get to keep it that long. Yep, it is smashed to smithereens, but don't worry you had nothing to do with it. Mark wrapped the Cutlass around a cement light post. Oh, did I forget to mention the parents asked you to share with your brother?
         Since we're chatting about wheels and transportation here's a heads-up.Well, first of all keep your own head up. Stay alert. Perhaps this can be prevented, but I don't know. Dad will disassemble your bike. Oh, guaranteed you'll be pissd off initially. You are hit two different times riding that bike. Add that to last summer's bike crash and he'll have had enough. Remember the car is coming though, no more pedalling and looking over your shoulder.
         Good news. The bell bottom jeans you like to wear will eventually make a comeback on the fashion scene. Once you give up the bike you'll really like them. If you hold onto a few pairs, the flares will be seen as retro, or vintage you trend-setter, you. Yes, in the future you will still be able to wiggle into them . Not well into the future, but close enough.
         Oh, and we still like to wear toe socks the more colourful the better. Now, we tug them on to show off in clogs, or a shoe known as a Croc. Silly name, eh? They're not pretty by any means, but they are manufactured in lots of colours and they are so comfy and easy to slip on. Don't worry you can still wear flip flops. Just their name changes to thongs. Oh, and just a bit of a warning. Some panties are known as thongs, too.          The poncho returns to the clothing scene also. What's old is new again. They are made of everything and anything. Oh, I wear a new fabric known as fleece. It's so light weight and warm.
         You know what? I can still sing all the lyrics to our teenage songs. If you keep listening and grooving, we'll have quite the library in our memory vault. Elton John is alive and kicking although he does relinquish the crazy eyeglasses and feathered costumes. He's not the only performer still cranking tunes out. The Rolling Stones stay together. Wild, eh? All your favourites are destined to be called classics, but why not, they are awesome.
         So, I suppose I could mention school. Now I regret never studying art. I know, I know. We wanted to try everything, but there was never enough room for all our interests. Maybe you could drop one of the shop classes in favour of art. Never stop sketching and doodling. Oh, and continue to write, I mean stories and poetry. People are going to share their memories with you and they deserve to be recorded.Especially ask questions of your grandparents. I, we, become fascinated with genealogy. I need all the clues I can get.
         Hang in there. You will leave home when you're nineteen. Soon enough you will be separated from the rules and the expectations.You only have four more years of Dad's cooking and then you will be fending for yourself. Oh, and stop fretting. All that particular indulging will not make you fat. That may come later, much later.

© Copyright 2020 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/988807-Fifteen