*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987850-Oh-No-Not
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#987850 added July 12, 2020 at 11:33am
Restrictions: None
Oh No Not...
July 11th Prompt: Imagine what the world would be like today if humans had never discovered /invented ________.
         
         
         
         Hmmm, I am con templating a different life without board games. Say it isn't so. What kind of life would that be? Oh, the unspeakable horror. Would there be devastating boredom? Would there, could there possibly be no laughter? Gasp. I imagine the deafening silence.
         Board games have amused my family and I throughout our combined history. They have never failed to entertain us and the accompanying tales of triumph grow ever more heroic with the passage of time. Someone only has to remark, "remember when?", and we dissolve into giggles. Our family lore is built upon our board game prowess.
          Are you familiar with the game Pictionary? The player who is 'it' must draw clues for his or her opponents with the aid of a pencil and a blank piece of paper. Of course, we are not all artists and our renderings are often crude and mystifying. Sometimes they prove unidentifiable if not illegible. We question the smudged squiggles. We struggle to see the likeness of anything. What word could this possibly represent? Is it standard English?
         I once submitted my masterpiece for my family's perusal. I had considered how best to draw my word and I believed it needed no explanation. My rendering was lifelike and so I thought, easy to decipher. My youngest daughter took one peek and burst out laughing. She dubbed my drawing "the penis mobile." For years, it has been displayed front and center on her fridge door for any and all to admire. She sees an erupting, spewing penis. I drew a car with an illuminated headlight because that was my clue word, headlight. Critics!
         Another family favourite that never fails to create a chaos of laughter and general rowdiness is the game What's Yours Like? The player who has been deemed 'it' will ask each of the other participants to reveal a clue about their object. The idea is to provide vague unobvious clues. My middle grandgiggle, Emily had drawn the honour of being the guesser. We shared that our common thing could be found in schools, it was most often brown, and in my instance, mine were full of snowmen. She shrugged her shoulders and hazarded a guess. "Boobs?" We howled until we cried. We'd been describing shelves.
         

© Copyright 2020 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987850-Oh-No-Not