*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987250-Prepare-To-Learn-An-Assortment-of-Camp-Songs
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#987250 added July 5, 2020 at 12:20am
Restrictions: None
Prepare To Learn An Assortment of Camp Songs
July 4th Prompt: What could you give a 40 minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
         
         So, just to be clear this is a pop presentation not a pop quiz. Whew, I have not studied or memorized anything recently. Today, I languished on a sun-drenched beach only repositioning myself when some body part or other screamed they were cramped. Humidity discourages physical effort. It also clouds my thought process. Technically, I am camping with my family.
         I don't feel up to creating graphs, or flow charts, or any type of visual aid. There's no preparation in my lazy day. Well, I did participate in a joint creation of a barbecue supper. It's mind boggling how peckish one becomes doing nothing. Beach reclining requires stamina.
         I suppose if I must dazzle with my impromptu reservoir of knowledge, I could teach everyone to sing camp songs. All those rousing lyrics reside in my personal data base eager to stupify and suspend disbelief. A typical Guiding campfire carouses for at least ninety minutes. Momentum is built and carried with silly and action tunes. Of course, audience participation is mandatory. Campfires are never a spectator sport.
         Tradition would have us begin with 'Fire's Burning.' Some fires need encouragement. Ready? Fire's burning, fire's burning, draw nearer, draw nearer, in the gloaming, in the gloaming, come sing and be merry. Note it is in the gloaming, not in the glowing. Gloaming is twilight, dusk, but yes, fires do glow.
         Now, we could follow this with a quick ditty about black socks that get stronger the longer you wear them. Maybe we could pretend we are aboard a ship and rolling over the billows in a deep blue sea. I still laugh at Alice the camel with her one hump. Who doesn't know the song that never ends 'cause it goes on and on my friend. Now, I'm singing to myself. There's a hole in the ground and in that hole there stood a tree and on that tree there was a branch. And....we must stop to breathe... In the end, after many additions including a leaf , a nest and a bird, I finally finish with the green grass grew all around and around, the green grass grew all around.          
I leave you with 'Taps.' Day is done, gone the sun, from the lakes, from the hills, from the sky, all is well, safely rest, God is nigh.


© Copyright 2020 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987250-Prepare-To-Learn-An-Assortment-of-Camp-Songs