*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982580-The-Little-Grey-Cells
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#982580 added May 2, 2020 at 3:37pm
Restrictions: None
The Little Grey Cells
PROMPT May 2nd

What one fictional character would most like to meet and talk to? Why? What would you like to ask?
         
         One, only one? Someday, I'd like to meet a minion, any one of them, and attempt to communicate with them. They emit a positive vibe and they speak their own garbled language, a lingo I'd like to understand. Anne of Green Gables has an irrepressible joie de vivre and a mischievous streak. I bet her brain never shuts off. Perhaps I'll arrange to bump into Shrek as I meander through a swamp. A guy with the philosophy "better out than in" has to be a straight shooter, a genuine take-me-or-leave-me sort. He's like Popeye, "I yam what I yam." But...since I must only pick one fictional character...
         Here is where I confess I am an Agatha Christie fan. That girl knew her way around a who-done-it. Her character, Hercule Poirot is a complicated genius enamored of himself. He oozes self-confidence and self-regard. He never seems to doubt his abilities and in fact believes he has superior intelligence. Who could resist or question a detective who refers to this mental prowess as his "little grey cells"? His faith in his cerebral cortex' logic is unshakeable.
         Poirot ignores the failings and perceptions of others. His appearance is that of an immaculate dresser adverse to dirt or wrinkles. He is well -groomed with nary a wayward hair and a waxed moustache, or as he would be quick to correct me, moustaches. Oddly, he speaks of himself in the third person.Too many times to his dismay, Hercule defends his heritage as being Belgian not French. He is well aware of himself and never apologizes.
         I admire his sense of self.
         We are both people watchers. To me they are fascinating and to Poirot they are enigmas waiting to be solved. Unlike this detective, I've yet to solve a murder. I'm also stressing that we do not share a love of moustaches. That kind of maintenance is beyond me.
         What would I ask this Belgian? Do you talk to yourself? Do you seek your own approval? Do you answer yourself? Do your grey cells need recharging and if so, how, where? Where did you come up with this idea that your brain had grey cells you could consult? Would you concede that your confidence presents as ego? What's with the moustaches? Is that facial exuberance not heavy? You lavish extravagant care upon them, why? Is that devotion ever too much? If you were alive and well today would you consider product endorsements such as moustache wax? Could you see yourself with a Facebook page? Would you deign to offer your services as an online consultant? Have you ever considered hobbies? Perhaps you'd like Sudoko? Would you exercise those grey cells writing a blog? Have you ever had the pleasure of meeting Dame Christie herself? Did she donate an infusion of her inimitable grey cells to you?

© Copyright 2020 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982580-The-Little-Grey-Cells