*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980906-Makeover
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#980906 added April 12, 2020 at 3:35pm
Restrictions: None
Makeover
Sunday, April 12 th Prompt
by Carol St. Ann (881)


4/12
Staying at Home: Daydreaming
The good the bad and the ugly things about your house have been getting on your last nerve. Today fate has smiled on you. You’re the recipient of a 1 or 2 room renovation on your favorite Home-Reno show. It will be at no cost to you and will (of course) be completed in an hour. Which show would it be?
Which room (but not more than 2 ) would you redo?
Smile for the cameras, and describe the experience.
         
         
         
         Smile? You do realize that I've been self-isolated for several weeks now, don't you? My hair has declared a mutiny. In protest, it seems to be tripling its length. Without sunshine or much fresh air, my hair is a growing concern. I do not have the gardening shears , or the expertise to whack trim it back. What's that lovely descriptive? My coiffure looks like a rat's nest. Okay, I could wear a hat, but hats and I agree to disagree.
         So, there will be no cost for this miracle? I cannot argue with this. And all of this will be completed in an hour? Really? As long as I'm not the one cleaning up the mess afterwards, I'm on board.
         Initially and compulsively, I thought I'd like a new and improved kitchen. For years, I've dreamed of wall-mounted ovens, a dishwasher, oodles of cupboards and deep drawers, miles of countertops, gigantic appliances... you know, "the dream kitchen." Sigh. I live alone most of the time now and what would I do with all this grand space? Cooking for one doesn't require a football field-sized area.
         I've got it! Could I have a library/den? My books and collectibles, you know knick-knacks, photos, memorabilia, greenery/plants/indoor grow op. ...my stuff needs a more generous space. Everything is rubbing shoulders, vying for breathing room. Perhaps I could indulge in some new(er) furniture, too. I'd like a haven, a tranquil nook, a retreat of sorts.
         Choosing the bestower of my makeover is not an easy task. A plethora of renovators flood the market. While their respective television programs are not my usual fare, I did binge-watch a few during my knee replacement recuperation. I believe in supporting Canadian enterprise, so I choose Bryan and Sarah Baeumler to work their makeover magic. They reside near Toronto and I reside about a three to four hour drive from there.
         
         Bryan provides the muscle, the physical carpentry and such. His wife is the style guru. They seem to share my vision, or at least understand it. They can not help but notice the crowded conditions my books live in. The two of them design and create floor to ceiling book cases of oak that stretch over an archway. They incorporate cubbies and nooks. They gift me with a window seat cushioned with floral-printed pillows. The real surprise is a soaker hot tub! How could they possibly know that is a dream of mine? How did Bryan install the plumbing? And in an hour? They are miracle workers, true geniuses, visionaries!
         How would I describe this experience? Both my home and I felt pampered and loved. We feel as if we were treated to a luxury spa "the deluxe works package." We glow. We enjoyed the camaraderie, the professionalism, the undeniable results. Thank you Bryan and Sarah! Smile? Oh, I'm grinning. And I did not have to sweep, vacuum, dust, rearrange, lift anything.
         I suppose I was so bedazzled, but I do not recall seeing the camera people. Where were they? They are like ninjas, silent and hidden. I expected blinding flood lights and cables to trip over.
         This is the type of renovation I appreciate. No broken finger nails, stubbed toes, splinters, whacked thumbs, bruises, or abrasions of any kind.

© Copyright 2020 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980906-Makeover