*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/979226-March-26-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#979226 added March 26, 2020 at 9:31am
Restrictions: None
March 26, 2020
{entry: ** Image ID #2068112 Unavailable ** Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

** Image ID #2068112 Unavailable ** Prompt: "Fill in the blanks in this sentence and expand on it in your entry:

I think people spend too much time ________ when they could be _________."

I think people spend too much time cussing when they should be praying. I am the chaplain of the West Virginia Veterans Home and I am always listening to what the guys have to say. I hear them predominantly cussing situations in which they should be praying. Jesus' name is mentioned a lot around here but it is not used in an appropriate way. F-bombs drop way more than amen does. It's ridiculous.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "A guide to the town you live in"

All I can say is get a map. I've lived here for three years and know nothing about this town. I will probably never see most parts of the town because I have no incentive to get to know it. When I go to Huntington WV, which was also new to me three years ago, I pretty much know my way around now. I had a job that required me to drive all over Huntington so I got to know it. My home is in Barboursville WV and I had no reason to explore it. I know where the City Park is and that is about it.

Blog City image small "Prompt: "The worst thing about new books is that they keep you from reading the old ones." John Wooden How do you feel about this quote?"

I disagree. I believe the worst thing about new books is that they are mostly self published now. That means they are not high quality books. They may meet the standards of the publisher but have no real value. I have never self-published. I have traditionally published and still believe it is the only way. If a publisher is willing to invest in a book then it is worth publishing. Self-published books are often vanity books. The publisher is not doing it because the book deserves it, but rather because the author is paying them to publish.


Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesSignature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/979226-March-26-2020