*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977214-On-Her-Own-Two-Feet
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#977214 added March 5, 2020 at 12:11pm
Restrictions: None
On Her Own Two Feet
PROMPT March 5th

Write about a recent success. Yours or someone else’s - your choice!

This is where I brag about my youngest granddaughter, Alexandra, aka Cutie Patootie aka Lovebug. Recently, as in February, she became a one-year old. For months, she has scooted around either by executing this unique rollover thing with her legs, or time-tested crawling. I'd almost forgotten how quickly a mini human moves. The beating her poor knees take!
         Initially, any attempts to mobilize on shaky legs caused her to squawk and revert to her tried and true method of portage. Standing she could and did tolerate. I'd wince every time she bounced on her legs and performed deep knee bends. Ouch! All she needed was a mirror and a bar and a Russian taskmaster.
         I suppose all that strength training has paid off. Alexandra has discovered and embraced walking, perambulating, strolling, whatever I wish to call it. My girl has her physical independence. Her legs are hers to command. I love the big grin on her face when she toddles around. Now when she approaches a window she is ready to peer out. She saves that extra step/stage of rising to her feet. Those feet have been waiting in the wings to show her their support. Sigh, I cannot admire those soft, unblemished feet as unused any more.
         Congratulations Alexandra! To quote Dr. Seuss, "Oh the places you'll go."

© Copyright 2020 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977214-On-Her-Own-Two-Feet