*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961125-If-Dreams-Are-Like-Movies
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#961125 added June 19, 2019 at 12:18am
Restrictions: None
If Dreams Are Like Movies...
Which 'semi-famous' Hollywood star would you like to meet? Why? When I say semi-famous, I don't mean a major film star. I mean someone you've seen in several movies, but never in a starring role. So no Matt Damon's or Sandra Bullock's please. Example: I'd love to meet Michael Pena. I've seen him in a lot of movies, he's a good actor, would be nice to meet him, talk to him and learn how he came into acting. Would also like to know his interests and hobbies.

By the way, I have met Michael Flanagan (Director and writer of Oculus), and Katee Sackoff (starred in Oculus, and was Captain Starbuck on the 2004 Sci-Fi version of Battlestar Galactica. Sadly, I didn't really get to talk to them, since I was their server while working in a small micro-brewery.


Wait, Katee Sackhoff is into craft beer? Well, now, that elevates her from "kinda want" to "massive crush." Consequently, I'd have to go with Katee Sackhoff. Though she played a villain in The Flash who was over-the-top melodramatic. I mean, the chick in that show was hammier than a Smithfield smokehouse.

Okay, but seriously, I don't get the whole wanting to meet celebrities thing. I mean, I guess it kinda worked out for Adam Duritz?



Story goes that this song was an ode to actress Monica Potter, and after it was released (20 years ago, gods help us all), Adam (the lead singer, with the dreads) actually managed to hook up with her for a while. Not sure if it's true, because I can't be arsed to follow Hollywood gossip. Only reason I know about it at all is that Adam Duritz is a fucking genius, and this song in particular is brilliant, so one day I decided to track down its genesis.

So I throw my hand into the air and it swims in the beams
It's just a brief interruption of the swirling dust sparkle jet stream
Well, I know I don't know you and you're probably not what you seem
But I'd sure like to find out
So why don't you climb down off that movie screen


Anyway, I don't generally engage in celebrity-worship of any sort. There are people I admire, but sometimes when you meet your heroes, they turn out to have feet of clay, as it were. I'd rather maintain my illusions.

And yet, if I bumped into Duritz on the street (or at LAX like my friend Mike did once), I'd have to at least say "thank you." But movie stars? Between all the make-up and acting ability, combined with a minor case of face-blindness that I have, I'm not even sure I could pick one out of a crowd. Nah - stay on that movie screen, and we'll be fine.

If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts
You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast

© Copyright 2019 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961125-If-Dreams-Are-Like-Movies