*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960921-What-to-Do-Where-to-Go
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#960921 added June 17, 2019 at 12:45am
Restrictions: None
What to Do, Where to Go
In this scenario, money is no object, so you can buy anything you want. Only thing is, you can’t buy this for yourself. What will you buy, and who will you buy it for? Be creative here!

As important as money is, there are still some things it can't buy. Love, for instance - though you can purchase or rent a reasonable facsimile thereof. You can also buy beer, and that's close enough for me.

Another thing that money can't buy is creativity. You can tell me "be creative" all day, and even pay me money to try, but no matter what, I'm not going to be creative. It's just not in me.



So, being stuck in the mundanity of materialism, it will come down to a choice between stuff or experience. I've seen reports that experience sticks with a person far more closely than stuff does. So, even with all the stuff available for sale, I'm not sure that I'd want to buy anyone stuff.

Worse, I can count the number of people I'd bother buying anything for on the fingers of one foot. Everyone I know falls into one of three categories: 1) has everything they need and can get anything they want; 2) doesn't accept gifts from the likes of me; 3) I don't know well enough to do anything for. I mean, sure, I get stuff for some friends for their birthdays or the winter solstice holiday, but expensive shit is right out.

So, pick a close friend, find out where they most want to go in the world, and send 'em there for a few weeks, all expenses paid. That is, if money is indeed no object.

It's always an object, though.

© Copyright 2019 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960921-What-to-Do-Where-to-Go