*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960149-Cruisin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#960149 added June 4, 2019 at 12:35am
Restrictions: None
Cruisin'
Let's keep on with the vacation theme....

Design your own week-long cruise vacation. What would you do? eat? See? Is there a theme? Let your imagination run wild.


What I expect will happen:

I get on a cruise ship to see the Caribbean (because it's warm, and Alaska is not). I spend most of my time on the cruise ship drinking good booze and eating expensive food. Then, sometimes, I go ashore and duck into someplace shady to drink good booze and eat expensive food, but in a different setting than the cruise ship.

These excursions are designed to keep me out of the sun as much as possible, because while I like being warm, I burn at the merest hint of solar radiation, and I really, really hate wearing sunscreen. Seriously, if we were meant to venture outdoors during the day, we wouldn't need sunscreen.

All in all, I'd rather stay on the ship where it's shaded.

What will actually happen:

I get on a cruise ship and, after the first meal, get violently ill from norovirus. They want to airlift me out, but I don't have health insurance so I refuse treatment and have a miserable week.

But at least I get to stay indoors.

So probably no cruises in my future. I used to think maybe I wanted to go on one, and I still kinda do, but right now the problems outweigh the benefits.

© Copyright 2019 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960149-Cruisin