*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958079-Where-Do-I-Find-Peace-of-Mind-and-Music-Speaks
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#958079 added May 2, 2019 at 3:33pm
Restrictions: None
Where Do I Find Peace of Mind? and Music Speaks
Istijlál (Majesty), 5 Jamál (Beauty) 176 B.E. - Thursday, May 2, 2019

GROUP
Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise  (E)
Blog City - Every Blogger's Paradise.
#1972895 by Lyn's a Witchy Woman

Day 1961: What things in life make you feel at peace?

Where Do I Find Peace of Mind?

Peace of mind
is difficult to find
unless you have a view
that looks beyond this present darkness.

"Hear Me, ye mortal birds! In the Rose Garden of changeless splendor a Flower hath begun to bloom, compared to which every other flower is but a thorn, and before the brightness of Whose glory the very essence of beauty must pale and wither. Arise, therefore, and, with the whole enthusiasm of your hearts, with all the eagerness of your souls, the full fervor of your will, and the concentrated efforts of your entire being, strive to attain the paradise of His presence, and endeavor to inhale the fragrance of the incorruptible Flower."
Baha’u’llah1

Where do I find peace of mind? In the sacred scriptures of the Baha'i Faith. In the scriptures revealed by The Bab and Baha'u'llah, I see a world completely different from the one I live in today. Through prayer, reading the scriptures, and meditation, I can look beyond this present chaos to see the vision of a world united in all aspects of life. A world where the different religions are no longer compete for the souls of humanity, but rather are all part of God's plan because each reveals a different stage in the material and spiritual evolution of humankind.

DAY 2356: “Where words fail, music speaks.” ~ Hans Christian Andersen
Let's talk about music's effect on our craft. Do you agree with Anderson?
How much does music influence the words on the page, your thought process?

Music Speaks

Music speaks to our souls, but we have to be careful about the music we choose to listen to. Listening to uplifting music brings us out of depression, while listening to some of the other types deepens the depression.

Footnotes
1  Gleanings from the Writings of Baha’u’llah, pp. 320-321.


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958079-Where-Do-I-Find-Peace-of-Mind-and-Music-Speaks