*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/955166-When-Silence-Speaks
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#955166 added March 27, 2019 at 10:30pm
Restrictions: None
When Silence Speaks
Prompt: "Saying nothing sometimes says the most." Emily Dickinson Do you agree with Emily?

-----

I certainly do.

Sometimes, the meaning is within us, and the words and all that we say are only there to support that meaning. If we can’t find the proper words or even if we come up with a few phrases and they somehow fall short of expressing our meaning, it may be a better idea to say nothing.

At times, silence also points to internal peace. It gives off, with immense power, vibes of acceptance, tolerance, and harmony.

Some believe being the loudest is being the strongest, but then, don’t we all dislike or even hate loudmouths in the public arena? On this topic, note that I am refraining here from making a statement about the current political scene.

Then, to train myself, I have a personal sticky note on my laptop’s screen that says, “When you are angry, be silent.” Of course, this doesn’t mean that when I am silent, I am angry. It is only there, so I don’t lose my head when things don’t go my way. Thus, I hope to sustain or bring internal peace by just reminding myself of silence.



© Copyright 2019 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/955166-When-Silence-Speaks