*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945820-Viva-The-Future
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#945820 added November 18, 2018 at 9:06pm
Restrictions: None
Viva The Future
PROMPT November 18th

For those of you in the US, this week is our Thanksgiving holiday. Write your blog today as yourself in the future. What will you thank yourself for doing? Who and what else are you thankful for in your life?
         
         A short time ago, my family and I celebrated our version of a Canadian Thanksgiving. I'm not only grateful for them, but for the option to not eat turkey. Oh, it's not as if we dislike poultry, we wanted something else on the menu. So, we were grateful for our choice of a substitute , ham and scalloped potatoes. After a vote, the majority wanted apple crisp instead of pumpkin pie. I didn't have a strong preference either way 'cause I am grateful for any and all desserts. Actually, I must confess that I am grateful for food, and the access to a variety of it. The chatter and laughter that reigned only bolstered our togetherness. These fun times rate at the top of my gratitude list.
         I'm excitedly anticipating the birth of my third granddaughter. It is so true that surviving your offspring's childhoods is worth it since the gift of grandchildren is the icing on the cake. In the future, there may be another generation, so I am grateful I got that ball rolling and set that in motion. Someday, I will know my great-grandchildren.
         I will one day thank myself for enduring two knee replacement surgeries. Oh, I will appreciate being pain free, or at the very least being "less-pained". How sweet it'll be to stand, balance and walk with non-collapsing knee caps. Huh, I might even be somewhat semi-graceful. In this fabulous future, I will finally have two good legs to stand on. If I choose, I could kick myself for not pursuing this procedure more vigorously in the past, and miracle of miracles, I will not fall over!

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945820-Viva-The-Future