*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945645-Premonition
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#945645 added November 15, 2018 at 7:45pm
Restrictions: None
Premonition?
PROMPT November 15th

Have you ever had a lucid dream? What was it about? If you could control your dreams, what would you want to spend your dreams doing?

         Short answer? Yes, but only once. Typically, I toss and turn for hours in an attempt to fall asleep. When and if I do slumber it's brief. To say that I'm a light sleeper is an understatement. Noises and bodily aches awaken me frequently throughout the night. In amongst that there is no chance of dreaming. When I rise of a morning I have no residual memories of a dream.
          My Mother was a dreamer. She liked to share them as she puzzled their deeper message. Most of her visions could best be described as bizarre. Who could fathom their meaning? I still cannot discern what a sugar bowl chasing a tea cup heralds. When Mom lay in a hospital bed delirious with a raging infection that inevitably took her life, she suddenly sat upright, turned to stare at me, and mumbled, "Sandy, don't do it. don't shoot yourself." Ya, it was creepy. No one in our extended family owns a gun. I've never handled a weapon. Did she pass on a premonition? Then again, she did tend to ramble in the throes of that voracious fever. At one point, a brief lucid spell,. Mom confessed that she'd dreamt she and only one granddaughter had survived. When asked what she thought had happened to the rest of us, she had no clue.
         So, no, I do not dream like this. One dream many years ago stayed with me. I still remember it as an omen. My hubby-to-be competed at the international level as a pairs figure skater. He and his partner were scheduled to participate in a training seminar out-of-town. I dreamt that he'd been horribly injured. I clearly saw a puddle of his blood on an ice surface. Inexplicably, all of this materialized.
         While skating at full speed with his partner held over his head in a lift, my boyfriend's skate just stopped. With little time to react, he managed to drop the girl onto her feet. It was a rough, unplanned landing for her and she stumbled onto her knees. The momentum carried him forward and down, down onto the back of her exposed skate blade. The metal pierced his groin, and, yes, he left a puddle of his blood on the ice. It was later determined that a dime had semi-frozen into the ice. What are the odds that his skate would strike it?
         That's the only dream I recall. It's not as if there haven't been other accidents, but they never occurred after a warning.

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945645-Premonition