*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945509-Spiderman-Still-Lives
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#945509 added November 13, 2018 at 7:10pm
Restrictions: None
Spiderman Still Lives
PROMPT November 13th

"If you do what you really want to do, you feel like you're playing." - Stan Lee (1922-2018).

Stan Lee passed away yesterday, Monday November 12th. What is your opinion of superhero movies? We          Were Stan's stories a part of your life?
         
         
         
         
         
         
Super hero movies are simply entertainment. They don't rank as one of my favourites, but I have viewed them. I accompany my hubby to see them. He is the resident fan.
          Both of us grew up watching the Spiderman television series. I liked to make fun of the campy, obviously staged fight scenes. Punches never connected, foes fell before they were actually kicked, and the movements appeared choreographed. Belief was supposed to be suspended. Yes, of course a young man could combine DNA with a radioactive spider. Radioactivity was harmless and not at all life-threatening. It's a completely feasible possibility. Imagine snaring criminals and ne'er-do-wells in super-strong webbing that shoots from your wrists at will. Oh, and the ability to climb anything quite nimbly is a definite plus for a crime fighter, too.
          Way back in the era before computer graphics and animation, my life-partner-to-be invited me to the latest action movie, 'Spiderman'. This memorable date occurred in 1977. Oh, I accepted his invitation, but the "lame" movie did not entertain me. I thought it resembled the t.v. series. To me, it appeared corny. My companion on the other hand lapped it up. He became my entertainment and he didn't disappoint.
         Seated in his cushy theatre seat, Paul worked up a sweat. Every wild move Spiderman executed, he repeated.. He scaled tall buildings. He chased vehicles and miscreants. He threw punches. He wrestled. He pounced from heights
         . If the movie hero experienced a surprise attack, or reeled from an impressive blow, my rapt date reacted as if he were right in the thick of the turmoil. He recoiled. He ducked. He swerved. He panted and gasped. Oh, I enjoyed his total immersion immensely! He lived and breathed that Spiderman film.
         Fast forward to the here and now. My hubby still views Spiderman movies and reacts strongly as he did many years ago. Oh, the action seems bigger and brighter thanks to advancements with computer animated technology. Paul especially appreciates 3D effects. This enhances his involvement.
         Stan Lee created quite the super hero legacy. Now, my six-year old great nephew accompanies Spiderman as he "fights bad guys." He leaps from furniture and shoots imaginary webbing with his own sound effects, "pew, pew." His enthusiasm is contagious as he shouts, "Did you see that?" I haven't the heart to tell him that Spiderman, the original, is a senior citizen now. Conner is happy doing what he wants to do, emulating an action hero. Stan Lee understood this.

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945509-Spiderman-Still-Lives