*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945242-That-Time-Of-The-Year
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#945242 added November 9, 2018 at 5:32pm
Restrictions: None
That Time Of The Year
PROMPT November 9th

Did you know? *Magnify* The veins of a blue whale are so wide, a 3 year old child could swim through them? *Shock2* Spend your blogging time today thinking about size. Scale is important in writing - how do you use it? If you're up for it, try examining something extremely small and describing it as if it were the size of a car. Can you get your readers to guess what you're describing?
         
         
         
         
         
         
         I'm all sharp rough edges. Touching me can draw blood and burn sensitive tissue. My immense3 bulk and suffocating weight will not only stop traffic, but I suppose I could crush a vehicle. Perhaps heavy, earth-moving machinery would struggle mightily to move me. I am colourless, yet I reflect several shades of the rainbow. Some dislike me while others appreciate me.
         In my minute form, some describe me as shimmering, or sparkling. I'm light as a feather, and a single human breath can sail me away. The wind propels me. I swirl and spin. Alone I am harmless, but then again, I am never solitary.. My cohorts and I tend to cling together. We obliterate landscapes. WE obscure vision. En mass we have the power to stop traffic and bring travellers to their knees. Some swear we create treacherous driving conditions.
         Too many people complain about our presence. They grumble and gripe until we disappear. They resent dealing with us. Supposedly, we complicate things. Granted we may be heavy. Special clothing must be worn when we are about.
         Not all people disapprove of us. These hearty souls choose to celebrate our existence and they welcome us. They see our unique beauty. They opt to play with us and in us. We permit them to reshape us, to mould us, to groom us.
         If we were the considerable size of a car, we'd be far less malleable. Probably we'd present a storage problem. Being so immense, I fear far less tolerance and acceptance
.           In Germany, we are known as "schneeflocke". Regrettably, this sounds like a sneeze. Make no mistake, we are nothing to sneeze at.

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945242-That-Time-Of-The-Year