*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945117-Gaga-For-Green
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#945117 added November 7, 2018 at 9:08pm
Restrictions: None
Gaga For Green
PROMPT November 7th

Wednesdays are the days I get to pull a prompt from the “Challenge War Chest!” These are prompts that have been suggested by bloggers over the years. Today’s prompt is: The color green. What do you associate with the color green and how does it make you feel?
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
Okay, full disclosure here, I love the colour green. It's my favourite of all the rainbow hues. For some reason, my eyes are drawn to it. My grandgiggles roll their eyes and murmur," We know, we know. Green is your favourite colour." Sure, I may have told them this one or two times.
          Feeling an affinity for things green, I enjoy the taste of, yep, green jujubes and jelly beans. I prefer the taste of spearmint which is often presented in a green-striped hard candy much more than peppermint. Speaking of flavours and yumminess, I also eat green veggies such as peppers, zucchini, and lettuce. This colour is used to refer to spinach and lettuces as "salad greens".
          I surround myself with all types and varieties of greenery. I now reside in an apartment, so my green thumb is appeased with a garden of the indoor sort. Recently, I noticed an online article that claimed woman who kept house plants lived longer than woman who did not. I suppose time will tell if this holds true for me. In the meantime, I will continue to see green as the vibrant colour of vitality and growth.
         I believe flora provides serenity. Different shades of green seem calming . In October, I meandered through a Japanese garden with bamboo, and lilies, and ornamental grasses set along stone pathways and tumbling, splashing fountains. It oozed peace and tranquility.
         I associate my favourite colour with all things Christmas. Wrangling a fragrant evergreen into the house and decorating it resurrects some of my fondest memories. Laughter, family togetherness, and good will are reflected in that tree.
         Green is associated with Spring and its renewal. It also brings to mind hazy summers. Trees are glorious with their canopy of leaves and grass thrives as a velvety carpet. Outdoor living thrives in these two seasons. Oh, and I think of that song, 'Green, Green Grass of Home'.
          Who doesn't appreciate the green traffic light? It signals go. It represents move forward, proceed, and progress, To be granted a green light for a project means approval, acceptance, and permission.
         One of my favourite Muppets is undeniably green and he sings a song about it. Kermit the Frog is an optimist.
         The four-leaf clover is green and it represents good luck Money is often referred to as green.
          Okay, okay, this colour also has some less than savoury connotations. To be jealous is described as being green with envy. To feel ill is known as green around the gills. Both bruises and pus / infection may be green. Yuck!
         Oh, let's not forget heroes. The Incredible Hulk and the Green Lantern come to mind. Again, green is characterized as a strong, take charge shade.
         I can't forget my Irish heritage. The shamrocks and leprechauns seem to be green.
          I even associate green with comedy. Green Acres and The Red Green Show employ my "bestest" colour.
         In summary, green is my happy colour, except for the incessant bruises. No luck of the Irish prevented them.

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945117-Gaga-For-Green