*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945028-Copy-That
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#945028 added November 6, 2018 at 8:26pm
Restrictions: None
Copy That?
https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/science-dolly-clone-cloning-clo... November 6th

Talk Tuesdays are an opportunity for bloggers to share their opinions and engage in meaningful dialog with those you may not agree with. It is especially important to remember to comment! The judges are checking! Today, share your opinion on cloning (animal or human). What about if human tissue is used to create artificial organs for transplant? Share your thoughts!scoveries-forn5178_low.jpg
         Cloning? Oh, there were times when my three offspring and their behaviour irked me to no end. At those moments, I considered the possibility, no matter how ludicrous, of cloning myself. Sure, what I really needed was an extra pair of hands, or another set of eyes and ears. I admit to feeling frustrated, overwhelmed and sleep-deprived. Any help would've been appreciated. How many mothers have lamented, "I am only one person?" I also remember enormous, perverse gratitude that not one of my children was a twin.
         I recall viewing a 1996 movie titled Multiplicity in which an overworked man sought several copies of himself to handle all the pressing aspects of his life. Hr dreaded all the juggling he did and despite his efforts no one was happy. With his clones, he had time to concentrate on the things and people he chose to see. Mainly his clones took care of grunge work. Trouble escalated when the clones appeared when and where he wished to be. They exhibited their own thoughts. The final clone lacked certain mental functions and he blundered along. This film intended to be a comedy, but I cannot imagine more than one of me.
         There are challenging times in which I struggle to make decisions and execute certain actions. It's only a saying, I am of two minds, but what if it became a reality? Which one of me makes the final choices? Would we vote? Would we take turns being in charge?
         I believe I'm not eager to see the cloning of humans become an option. I happen to like all of our quirks and our individual traits that make us unique. We already have a method to promote new life and that is commonly known as procreation. We create little people.
         Now, I do approve of regenerating human skin for self-compatible skin grafts. Burns are terrible, and offering victims replacement tissue makes sense.
         In the Spring, if all goes as planned, I will receive a total knee replacement. Yes, I understand that it will be man-made and artificial. I am at peace with that. In fact, I am counting on that knee to be better than my original. Cloning my troublesome knee would not solve my issues with it. I have no warranty for the barely functioning joint I had the misfortune to be born with, and replicating it would be ridiculous.

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945028-Copy-That