*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944972-Seussisms
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#944972 added November 23, 2018 at 12:24am
Restrictions: None
Seussisms
PROMPT November 5th

Bust those Monday blues with Motivational Monday! *Bigsmile* Share a motivational quote and why it inspires you. If you do not have a specific quote, share a story about a person, object, or place that inspires you.

*NoteB* *NoteO* *NoteB* *NoteO* *NoteB* *NoteO* *NoteB* *NoteO* *NoteB* *NoteO*
         
         
          Confession alert: I am a nerd, a dork, a book junkie, a bibliophile. Books weave an irresistible spell. I'm unable to resist their seductive charms. Meandering through a library, or a book store is pure bliss. Never am I bored. I believe Dr. Seuss understood this attraction.
         His wonderful rhythm and flow scoop the reader up and bounces them along. If a word cannot be rhymed with another, this writer creates a new one, why not? So many life lessons; acceptance, tolerance, inclusion, generosity, fortitude, and perseverance meld seamlessly with his vivid imagination.
          When I am absorbed in a book, the outside world ceases to exist. Time is irrelevant. Hunger and exhaustion have no sway. Children "mischief" without impunity. They may squabble. They may choose to redecorate. They may raid cupboards and closets just because they can. They may choose to paint the dog, or give the cat a haircut. A great story is all-consuming, a tranquil garden of Zen. Chaos and discord fail to gain a foothold.
          I live the Dr. Seuss philosophy, " You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book." Flights of fancy and imagination are the best forms of travel.
         Reading is so portable. On a plane, in a car, on a train, beneath a bar....in a boat, upon a bed, you can float, or stand on your head.... you get the idea.
         A writer need words, images, and actions. Perusing the musings of others strengthens one's skills. Oh, Dr. Seuss explains this in a minimum of words. "The more that you red, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." Going is not always a physical act.
          I leave with another nugget of wisdom apropo for blogging prompts. "Today was good, today was fun, tomorrow is another one."

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944972-Seussisms