*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944934-Blue-Motivational-Monday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#944934 added November 5, 2018 at 10:47am
Restrictions: None
Blue Motivational Monday
Kamál (Perfection), 2 Qudrat (Power) 175 B.E. - Monday, November 5, 2018

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

Bust those Monday blues with Motivational Monday! *Bigsmile* Share a motivational quote and why it inspires you. If you do not have a specific quote, share a story about a person, object, or place that inspires you.

As someone who suffers from depression on a semi-regular basis, I'm somewhat sure that the blues has very little to do with motivational quotes. Depression, the blues, or brown study (whatever you want to call it) is a mental health issue, which can be dealt with in several ways. I don't take antidepressants. Over the years, I have discovered the triggers that send me into a depression episode. One of those triggers is the negative voice of fear that says "You screwed up again!" This occurs when I suspect that I did something wrong, and I can't find a way to right it.


I've found that the best way to deal with this voice is to say the following prayer revealed by 'Abdu'l-Baha, and move forward. If I don't move forward the depression will lead to paralyzing fear, which causes me to procrastinate and over-think the situation. I usually find that what I was worrying about or afraid of was an episode of vain imaginings. If, by some off chance, it turns out that I really do have something to worry about I can now deal with it calmly without worry.

"O God! Refresh and gladden my spirit. Purify my heart. Illumine my powers. I lay all my affairs in Thy hand. Thou art my Guide and my Refuge. I will no longer be sorrowful and grieved; I will be a happy and joyful being. O God! I will no longer be full of anxiety, nor will I let trouble harass me. I will not dwell on the unpleasant things of life.

O God! Thou art more friend to me than I am to myself. I dedicate myself to Thee, O Lord."
‘Abdu’l-Bahá1

Footnotes
1  http://www.bahaiprayers.org/spiritual10.htm


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944934-Blue-Motivational-Monday