*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944896-A-Sunday-Quickie
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#944896 added November 4, 2018 at 7:13pm
Restrictions: None
A Sunday Quickie
PROMPT November 4th

Sundays are our chance here to reflect and look ahead. Today, I want you to reflect on your time on Writing.Com - Do you remember being a Newbie? What first attracted you to WDC and what made you stay? How have you grown as a writer in the time you've been a member here? Take this chance to look ahead as well - where will your writing journey take you in 5-10 years?
         Yes, my memory still functions somewhat optimally, so I do recall wandering onto, or is that into WDC. Scrolling among the tidbits of Facebook I discovered an intriguing link that led me here. I've always been a dabbler of the written art and a site that promoted writing had to be worth a peek. I had the internet connection, a computer, and I thought I could devote some time to more creating.
         I must admit the feedback kept me coming back. Having other writers both read and review my humble efforts encouraged me to continue. It's the kindred spirit I like. The different contests appeal to me, too. Accepting a challenge fans the flames.
          I suppose I've learned to consider more showing and less telling. I never knew that the curly parentheses existed. The {} are vital to the inner workings of WDC. I've dabbled with blogging now. Strange, but it reminds me of homework and researching for projects, school stuff I actually enjoy.
         Where will I be WDC-wise in five to ten years? Well, I plan to still be alive, breathing, kicking, offering my opinions, and sharing my imagination, In other words, I will be lucid and coherent. I have no plans to stop writing.

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944896-A-Sunday-Quickie