*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943338-International-Days-of-Celebration-and-Commenoration
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#943338 added October 13, 2018 at 1:09pm
Restrictions: None
International Days of Celebration and Commenoration
Jalál (Glory), 17 Mashíyyat (Will) 175 B.E. - Saturday, October 13, 2018

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

If you could have a/n [inter]national day to name and celebrate however you wished, what would you do?

I already celebrate or commemorate several worldwide Holy Days with the Baha'i Community. I thought about the international days I would name myself, and only three came to mind. Those would be World Citizen Day, Golden Rule Day, and Try A Little Kindness Day; however, two of those are already taken. World Citizen Day   is celebrated on November 4 and International Golden Rule Day   is April 5. This leaves me with Try A Little Kindness Day, which, I think, should be celebrate on August 8 the day Glen Campbell   died.


Glen Campbell faced several challenges in his life. The three main challenges he dealt with were alcoholism, drug addiction, and Alzheimer's disease.1 Therefore, I believe Try A Little Kindness Day should do two things (1) encourage people across the world to be kind to each other, (2) focus international attention on Alzheimer's disease, alcoholism, and drug addiction. The battles Mr. Campbell faced are worldwide problems, which impact families across the planet.

International Try A Little Kindness Day

"You got to try a little kindness, yes show a little kindness
Just shine your light for everyone to see"
Glen Campbell, Try a Little Kindness2

On International Try A Little Kindness Day join the world community in spreading kindness and educating people on Alzheimer's disease, alcoholism, and drug addiction. If you believe you or a relative is afflicted by one of the diseases, find out more about the problem so that you can deal with it. Perform a random act of kindness or donate to an authentic charity that helps individuals with Alzheimer's disease, alcoholism, and drug addiction. Be proactive in showing kindness to your fellow human beings because they are a part of the family of humanity.



Footnotes
1  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Campbell#Alcoholism_and_drug_addiction
2  http://www.metrolyrics.com/try-a-little-kindness-lyrics-glen-campbell.html


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943338-International-Days-of-Celebration-and-Commenoration