*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941701-Smelling-the-Roses
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#941701 added September 19, 2018 at 8:16pm
Restrictions: None
Smelling the Roses
Prompt: You have to take time to stop and smell the roses. What do you think this phrase means?

----

I think it is a warning which means, slow down before it is too late.

We always have too much to do and not enough time to do all we want or need to do. This has nothing to do with the amount of work or the length of the workweek. Those of us who are retired are probably busier than the time when we had careers and children.

All this makes us rush, resulting in anxiousness, heart palpitations, distraction, and a few other ills. The demands are there, with no whitewashing that fact either, but we are the ones who burden ourselves with the perfect (in my case, near perfect to faulty) execution of meeting those demands.

If we only handled the priorities first and tried not to be so perfect and then took time for ourselves, we would enjoy life more and notice the beautiful sides of it like the roses and other elements of nature.




© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941701-Smelling-the-Roses