*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940412-New-York-New-York
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#940412 added August 27, 2018 at 7:25pm
Restrictions: None
New York, New York

DAY 27 Jones Beach again


We had such a good time hanging out the first time, I thought we could do another trip there before our finale.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g48128-d7694803-Reviews-Massapequa...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g60763-d11450017-The_Hampton...

We're going to check out either the bird sanctuary or for those of you who want to get some shopping in before the concert. Luke Bryan and Brett Eldredige

https://www.jonesbeach.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=...


If you haven't got your laundry all caught up,you might want to do so before leaving my home for the bird sanctuary. Just saying, the last 3 days are going to be quite interesting.


         Hmmm, decisions had to be contemplated and acted upon. What to do for the day? Okay, I opted to spend more time in the great outdoors. I hate to say it, but winter and snow are due to arrive soon enough. That means layering and wearing socks, so while my feet can still be free I will keep busy with all things that permit me to schlep around in my flip flops. Yes, that means I visited the Massapequa Reserve today.
         I psyched my reluctant legs into another hike by promising them a bus ride to and from the trails. Sure, they still moaned a bit, and displayed their ambivalence with a cramp or two, but in the end they took part in the walking.
         Actually, my limbs were surprised and pleased that they could follow a path and not a cross-country excursion. .As I strolled, I could not believe that this was Long Island. No hustle or bustle invaded the serenity of this reserve. The water, the trees, the birds all created an area of beauty and peace. I happily encountered wild birds, swans, geese, ducks, and white egrets.
         So, this evening's concert took us to Jones Beach once again and, yes, there was a deja vu aura. The amphitheatre still appears big, yet welcoming. Luckily, the weather cooperated with no hint of rain.
         Hey, didn't we see Luke Bryan in Denver? That really was a deja vu moment. He's just as entertaining the second time around. This time, I liked 'Rain is A Good Thing', 'Light It Up', and 'Strip It Down.'
         Now, Brett Eldredge is a new voice. Definitely a country boy, too. 'The Long Way', and 'Beat Of The Music' sounded pretty good.
         Both singers fit right in with a relaxed, warm, summer evening.

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940412-New-York-New-York